Factory Establishment Information
- Industry / Economy
- Business Information
- Factory Establishment Information
Factory Establishment System
When using mobile, you can check the contents by moving the table to the left or right.
|Approval of factory establishment
|Approval of startup business plan
|Handling of agenda
|34 laws (69 approvals)
|36 laws (69 approvals)
|Act on the Activation of Industrial Clusters and the Establishment of Factories
|Small and Medium Enterprise Establishment Act
|Tax reduction and exemption and funding
|Tax reduction and exemption
|Utilization (Seoul metropolitan area)
|conditions meet individual laws, the application can be approved.
|The application can be approved if an SME is not yet 7 years old since its inception.
Factory Establishment Procedure
Applicant nameapplication for factory
- selection of projected factory site
- application form and business plan, preparation of required documents
- log on to the Factory at www.femis.go.kr to apply.
MayorConsultation with the mayor
and related departments
- multiple civil complaints review
- site adequacy and feasibility review
- environmental review
- approval or non-approval of construction
Mayorissuance of factory
- construction approval
- report of construction commencement
- interim inspection of construction
- inspection of construction use
Applicantreport of completion of
the factory establishment
- installation of machinery necessary for the factory
- operation, reporting within 2 months after installation of machinery and equipment
- factory registration, and confirmation of the factory establishment completion report
Application for Change in Factory Registration
If changes occur after factory registration is completed
Ex.: Company name, representative name, factory site area, factory building area, business type, location, etc.
Cancellation of Factory Registration
In case the registered factory cannot begin operations because it is closed, transferred to a different area, or transferred to a third party.
Points to note when applying for factory registration (excluding industrial complexes)
- The factory building use that can be registered when the factory building area is 500 ㎡ or more ▶ factory
- The factory building uses that can be registered when the factory building is less than 500 ㎡ ▶ Of class 2 neighborhood facilities, manufacturer's repair shops and laundries, and other similar facilities where, within the same building, the total floor area used for relevant occupation is less than 500 ㎡, and where, in accordance with the Air, Water, and Environment Preservation Act or the Noise and Vibration Regulation Act, the approval (report) for the installation of discharge facilities is not required.
- The applicant shall contact us beforehand because the Construction Law (Ordinance), Industrial Cluster Activation and Factory Establishment Act, and other related laws may be changed from time to time.
- The factory building area calculation is not related to the number of factories in a building (whether or not the factory is registered); it shall be calculated based on the summing up of the floor area.
- If the applicant wants to lease a building to register the factory, make sure that there is no existing factory in the building, and check the floor area (leased area) if there is an existing factory.